Welcome to the Smith + Nephew Third-Party Support website
Smith + Nephew Third-Party Support Program
Smith+Nephew is proud to support third-party programs that advance the educational objectives of healthcare professionals and help them provide quality care to their patients. Smith+Nephew supports third-party educational, training and society meetings/conferences and charitable donations via grants, by purchasing exhibit space and advertising, and providing sponsorship funding.
Here is description of each type of request:
Exhibit Booth or Table Request
- Purchase of exhibit booth/table
- Associated advertising fees and commercial support
- Requests where advertising, exhibit and/or booth fees are included as part of a sponsorship package.
- Includes funding to support activities beyond pure advertising.
- May include the opportunity to present a Smith+Nephew educational symposium, workshop, round table, etc., during the third-party event.
- Funding will be used to offset the overall meeting costs for the benefit of the HCP attendees.
- Funding is used to fund travel, accommodation and/or honoraria for HCP speakers.
- Funding is used to offset an HCP-related event during the meeting (e.g., gala dinner).
- The Company receives free tickets to attend recreational or entertainment activities as part of the meeting.
- Company is acknowledged as a “sponsor” of the meeting instead of an “exhibitor”.
- Requests to provide funding and/or in-kind product support for bona fide educational activities for HCPs.
- Qualified recipients include healthcare institutions and organizations providing accredited and non-accredited healthcare education.
- Support may be used to:
- Reduce conference costs
- Fund reasonable honoraria, travel lodging and meals for bona fide HCP faculty members.
- Provide meals and receptions for conference attendees if modest in value and subordinate in time and focus to the purpose of the conference and are separate from the medical education portion of the conference.
- Financial support for Fellowships or Scholarships for extended medical education programs
- Support for education of the public or patients
- To purchase medical equipment, materials, supplies or educational materials for training institutions, healthcare institutions or professional societies.
Monetary Donation Grant
- Financial support provided to a non-profit or charitable organization to further the legitimate and documented objectives of the organization and to support genuine fundraising drives for projects undertaken by the organization.
Product Donation Grant
- In-kind product support provided to a non-profit or charitable organization to further the legitimate and documented mission of the organization, including medical missions to treat underprivileged patients throughout the globe.
- Humanitarian product donation requests for medical mission support must be submitted twelve (12) months before the mission teams scheduled departure to allow sufficient time to review the requests.
Other types of Grant Requests
- Fellowship Grant requests should not be submitted via this portal.
- Questions regarding the US and Canadian Smith+Nephew Recon, Trauma and Sports Medicine Fellowship program should be forwarded to Lisa Hassell at [email protected].
Biomechanical Study Grant Requests
- To submit a proposed biomechanical study request (does not involve live human subjects), please contact Patrick Aldinger at [email protected] (e.g. Adult Reconstruction, Trauma and Extremities requests).
- For proposed sports med biomechanical study requests, please contact Matt Koski at [email protected].
Clinical Study Grant Requests
- For proposed clinical study requests (involving human patients), please contact [email protected].
Grant and Sponsorship Requests require a formal request, and most requests should be submitted via this portal sixty (60) days before the event/course if possible. Humanitarian product donation requests for medical mission support must be submitted twelve (12) months before the mission teams scheduled departure to allow sufficient time to review the requests.
Please carefully review the detailed information posted on this website to ensure that your request is eligible for potential support and all of the required documents are available. Then, please Register and Login to begin the Third-Party Request Review Process.
Each request is reviewed for compliance with our support criteria and policies, alignment with the Company’s mission and available resources. Exhibits, Sponsorships, Grants and Donations are not awarded based on the use, purchase, or recommendation of Smith+Nephew company products. In addition, we are committed to full compliance with the United States Physician Payments Sunshine Act (also known as Open Payments) and similar state transparency laws. We report all third-party support provided in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Only completed and submitted applications will be eligible for review. Once the request has been submitted, it will be reviewed by the appropriate team for potential support based on alignment to current business strategy and available resources. You will be notified if your request has been approved.
If you have any questions regarding the Wound Grants Program, please contact [email protected]. For questions regarding the US and Canadian Sports Medicine, ENT, and Orthopaedics Grants Program, please contact [email protected].
For IT support please contact [email protected].