Grant Application Process
How do I submit a grant request to Smith & Nephew?
All grant requests must be submitted online using the Smith & Nephew Grant Management System. Click this link to log in, register and apply for a grant.
STEP ONE: GETTING STARTED AND REGISTERING
- Please ensure all grant requests satisfy the Grants Review Committee eligibility/criteria before submitting.
- If you are a new requestor, you MUST first register in order to complete the online grant application process.
- During registration, all grant requestors must submit a completed and signed W9 form.
- If you are a returning requestor, please use your current username and password for entering the system.
- For technical assistance with the registration process, please contact us at eGrants@Smith-Nephew-Grants.com.
STEP TWO: COMPLETE GRANT APPLICATION
- Completed grant requests must be submitted at least 45 days before the start date of the intended live activity or enduring material creation.
- Grant requests must be accompanied by the following forms or documentation. Some are accessible online and others can either be scanned in or attached as a pdf.
- Complete online Application.
- Signed letter of Request (on third party provider’s letterhead) that describes the program’s learning objectives and program details, including how the funding will be used, date, venue and whether the program or activity is accredited or non-accredited- To be signed and attached.
- Program agenda—To be attached.
- Detailed line item budget—To be attached.
- Completed and Signed Smith & Nephew Biotherapeutics Letter of Agreement.
- ACCME (or equivalent) certificate of accreditation: please provide if you are an accredited provider even if the activity itself is non-accredited.
- Once your grant request is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
- You do not need to complete your grant request in one on-line session as the Grant Management System will save your progress.
STEP THREE: GRANTS REVIEW COMMITTEE APPLICATION REVIEW
- The Smith & Nephew Grants Review Committee will make every effort to review your grant request within 8 calendar weeks after a grant request is submitted and accepted as complete.
- If additional information is necessary to review the grant request, you will receive an email notification.
- Grant requestors can log in and view the status (Pending, Incomplete, Approved, Denied) of their grant request.
STEP FOUR: GRANT DECISION
Smith & Nephew will approve (for the full or lesser amount) or decline the grant request.
You will receive an email notification regarding the grant decision. Grant decisions are typically communicated within 45 days after receipt of completed grant request.
STEP FIVE: BUDGET RECONCILIATION
All Grant recipients are required, and agree, to complete the online budget Reconciliation Form, with copies of receipts and other supporting documentation, after the completion of the activity. A reminder to complete the reconciliation form will be sent via email 90 days post activity completion date if it has been completed.